This site's focus is metabolomics. We welcome posts that are:
- detailed and specific, written clearly and simply
No question is too trivial or too "newbie".
But we recommend that you make use of the search services to see if your question has already been asked (perhaps even answered!) before you ask. But if you end up asking a question that has been asked before, that is fine too. Other users will hopefully edit in links to related or similar questions to help future visitors find their way.
To contact the site managers please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attribution 3.0 Unported (CC BY 3.0) This means that you should attribute the work either to the author and/or to the site, depending on the scope and presentation of the information. That being said our community embraces the fair use policy that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders.
- The current site has been initiated and supported by Dr. Andrew Patterson at Pennsylvania State University
- Dr. Istvan Albert at Pennsylvania State University is responsible for the correct operation of the site.
Metastars is based on Biostars, a question and answer site for bioinformatics research.
The work was published as: Parnell LD, Lindenbaum P, Shameer K, Dall'Olio GM, Swan DC, et al. 2011 BioStar: An Online Question & Answer Resource for the Bioinformatics Community. PLoS Comput Biol 7(10): e1002216. doi:10.1371/journal.pcbi.1002216
Biostar is a freely available open source software thanks to the support from the following institutions :
- The Pennsylvania State University and the Huck Institutes for the Life Sciences at Penn State.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH), specifially grant NIH 5R25HG006243-02, Analyzing Next Generation Sequencing Data principal investigator: Titus Brown (Michigan State University),